Prague, Czech Republic
Senior Backend/DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned engineer well versed in Python, PostgreSQL and DevOps. CitySense SW processes more than 8 petabytes of data, 2 billions NN inferences and total of 7 terabytes of evidence each month. We need some help with all this, obviously. Not speaking about expanding to other EU cities. Are you up for the challenge?
We invite you to collaborate on building CitySense with us. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to handle the back-end and database responsibilities, which include:
- Designing and implementing new back-end features.
- Ensuring the CitySense software stack remains operational and up-to-date.
- Monitoring and optimizing the Postgres database.
We develop our back-end and API using type-checked Python, leveraging SQLAlchemy and FastAPI libraries. A PostgreSQL database sits behind those for the heavy lifting. Our development workflow integrates Git and GitHub Actions for CI/CD, and development management. We deploy our software on Linux virtual machines using Docker and CLIs. Monitoring is conducted through Grafana and Prometheus. While we don’t expect you to be familiar with every tool and process mentioned, you should have knowledge of some and be ready to learn the others. We anticipate that you will navigate confidently and independently within our tech stack within a few months. We leave bullshit for others, no vanity meetings or endless stand-ups.
We offer you
- Challenging job, smart colleagues, laid-back environment
- Full-time Employment / Contract
- Flexibility, partial home office
- 100-200K CZK /month based on your skill level